No one wants to admit they may be depressed. But realizing and admitting you may suffer with depression is the first step towards healing. If you are depressed, you may feel completely alone, sad more than happy, insecure, hopeless, or filled with self-doubt. It’s common for most people to feel depressed at some point in their lives but some may experience deeper, longer-lasting periods of depression that we can’t seem to overcome. This is when it is time to seek professional help.
At Awakenings Counseling Center, we provide loving, warm, nonjudgmental treatment of your situation. We believe and know that this time in your life can be worked through. There is light at the end of the tunnel…let us help you see the light and bring LIFE back to your life.
Symptoms of Depression:
- Issues sleeping
- Crying for no reason
- No motivation
- Low energy
- Having a hard time concentrating
- Overeating or Lack of appetite
- Feelings of sadness or feeling down for excessive periods of time
- Feeling hopeless or helpless
- Isolating yourself from friends and family
- Suicidal thoughts
When to Seek Professional Help:
- When the symptoms impair your everyday life, making it difficult to function
- When you aren’t experiencing joy
- When pain and/or problems are outweighing the good in your life
- When you feel overwhelmed, stressed, or have given up hope
- When you experience suicidal thoughts
If you have any of these symptoms, you may be experiencing mild to severe depression that may be situational, a biochemical imbalance, or both. Our professional and trained counselors will help you out of feeling despair and hopelessness to finding and experiencing joy and hope. They will help you learn how to change your thought process to approach problems and difficult life experiences in a positive way so you can enjoy the rest of your life – with a fresh perspective. If you are taking medication for depression, counseling and medication is more effective than medication alone.
The most important thing to know is depression is treatable.
Contact us today at email@example.com or call 847-363-0632 so we can better understand your problem and help you set up an appointment. If you’d like us to call you, fill out our online contact form and we will contact you. You’re not alone there is hope with Awakenings Counseling Center.